Home | Employment | Events | Donations | Contact
Product Donation - Guidelines
It is the General Mills - Belvidere mission to support innovative organizations and programs that improve our communities by focusing on:
- Hunger & Nutrition Wellness – supporting organizations and programs that:
- Provide food to those in need
- Promote healthy children & families by providing nutrition education and physical fitness activities that instill healthy habits for a fit and balanced lifestyle
- Family Services – supporting programs that provide supportive services for low-income/at-risk individuals and families to help them on the road to self-sufficiency
- Education – schools will be considered as a whole, but individual school clubs and sports are out of scope
Employees and members of the community may request product for organizations for certain fundraisers/events with the following criteria:
- Organization/charity's mission statement or event for which the donation is being requested must fall within one of the focus areas listed above (supporting Hunger & Nutrition Wellness, Family Services, or Education/Schools)
- Must have not-for-profit status (501(c)3) and be able to provide written verification if requested
- Within 50 mile radius of the General Mills Belvidere Plant
Upcoming Product Pick-up Dates: August 2nd, October 4th, December 6th.
- Product requests will be honored based on product availability
- Will only fulfill product donation requests during product pick-up day
- Donation request must be received at least 2 weeks before next product pick-up day
- When picking up the donation request, a Property Removal form and photo-id will be required
*Typically the first Wednesday of every other month, subject to change per business needs.
Please note that donation requests can take up to 8 weeks to process. Please keep this timing in mind when submitting a request.